Tuesday, March 1, 2011

THREE!

There is this ADORABLE family sitting at the bar eating breakfast, and this little kid asks me very politely (he's maybe 2 or 3 years old?) how much the candy bar costs.

I was going to ring it up, but it was SO BLINDINGLY CUTE that I put it on guest satisfaction instead and told him it was FREE.  How weird was that, that he picked the ONLY free candy bar we had?  What a lucky guy!

He turned to his mum, held up three fingers, and happily exclaimed:

"THREE!!!  IT COSTS THREE DOLLARS!"  Smiling like I'd told him he could have a million candy bars.

His mom explained that free meant zero dollars and he got EVEN HAPPIER.

Then he ate it and even said thank you.  <3


-Wednesday

1 comment:

  1. Wednesday, this made my day. Thanks for reminding me how humanity can rock. I'm glad you made this kid's day! :)

    ReplyDelete